Who are The Best Structural Engineers in Edinburgh
Our top pick of 5 Structural Engineers in Edinburgh & further afield.
We at John Webster Architecture work with Structural Engineers on most projects that we are involved with. Structural Engineers are required to design & detail the structural aspects of a project, certifying designs for building warrant. Most Scottish local authorities require an SER Certificate to accompany the structural design and building warrant application which means that the firm of Structural Engineers that you use will need to be an Approved Certifier of Design accredited with Structural Engineers Registration Ltd (SER).
Although we are not tied to any Structural Engineers here are the top picks that we use on a regular basis. ***Also, please note we are not recommending these companies per se, but rather making you aware that we have worked with them and that they are SER registered.
- Structural Design Consultants (SDC Ltd): A Firm that we use a lot. Offices in Fife, Edinburgh & the Borders, they will provide structural design from knocking down a wall to building a house.
- McColl Associates: Based in Edinburgh their mantra is “Our simple philosophy is that no project however small or large will be turned away”.
- Fairhurst: Established for over 100 years! If you’re looking for Structural Engineers that can handle very large projects then Fairhurst is for you, working throughout the UK with a regional office in George Street, Edinburgh.
- JFR Projects: “JFR Projects is an Edinburgh based design consultancy established in 2006 to offer domestic clients a high quality, efficient and all-around service catering for small to medium-sized home alterations and extensions”.
- 3DM: A solid structural Engineering firm that offers structural solutions for both public & private construction projects.
So, there you go, 5 Structural Engineers to consider as you are researching and getting quotes for your project.
You might find these resources below helpful:
- What Does a Structural Engineer do & why do I Need One
- What is a Building warrant & How Much does it Cost
Finally, if you would like to discuss your project further you can take up our offer to get your FREE 20 ‘Ask the Expert’ call.
- Click here to arrange a call!