Who Are The Best Structural Engineers in Dundee?
Our top pick of Structural Engineers in Dundee & further afield
We at John Webster Architecture work with Structural Engineers on most projects that we handle. Structural Engineers are required to design & detail the structural aspects of a project, certifying designs for building warrant. Most Scottish local authorities require an SER Certificate to accompany the structural design and building warrant application which means that the firm of Structural Engineers that you use will need to be an Approved Certifier of Design accredited with Structural Engineers Registration Ltd (SER). During the past few years, we have been involved in a lot of projects in Dundee and the surrounding area. Such as Fife, Perth & Kinross & Angus towns like Arbroath & Forfar and others that have all required a Structural Engineers involvement.
Although we are not tied to any Structural Engineers in particular here are the top picks that we use on a regular basis. ***Also, please note we are not recommending these companies per se, but rather making you aware that we have worked with them and they are SER registered.
Structural Engineers in Dundee
- Structural Design Consultants (SDC Ltd): A Firm that we use a lot. Offices in Fife, Edinburgh & the Borders, they have no problem working in Dundee and the surrounding. They will provide structural design from knocking down a wall to building a house.
- Millard Consulting: Based in both Dundee & Perth they provide structural design and planning services all over Scotland, they can also produce flood risk reports and Environmental services such percolation tests.
- Fairhurst: Established for over 100 years! If you’re looking for Structural Engineers that can handle very large projects then Fairhurst is for you, working throughout the UK.
- Burnett Consulting Engineers Ltd: An Angus Based firm who say their work can be “From dormer extensions to new Passivhaus, game larders to private chapels, industrial sheds to hospital wings and forestry bridges to housing infrastructure, we have the expertise you need”
- Morgan Associates: They have been around since 1981, not the cheapest (but cheap is not what you want when are dealing with your single biggest asset) but excellent results and they deliver on time. based in Dundee.
So there you have it, 5 Structural Engineers in Dundee to consider as you are researching and getting quotes for your project.
You might find these resources below helpful:
- What Does a Structural Engineer do & why do I Need One
- What is a Building warrant & How Much does it Cost
- How Much Does it Cost to Build an Extension
Finally, if you would like to discuss your project further you can take up our offer to get your FREE 20 ‘Ask the Expert’ call.
- Click here to arrange a call!